QA/QC Construction Manager (“CM”) – This contract position based onsite in the Lafayette, Alabama area reporting to the Project Manager (“PM”) and represents the Owner for utility scale solar projects under construction. The CM supports the PM and ensures the project is constructed to perform efficiently throughout the entire designed lifespans. The CM verifies that processes are properly followed (Quality Assurance), and ensures the project complies with approved plans/specs and Owner required (Quality Control/Quality Assurance) (“QA/QC”). Where deficiencies or issues occur, the CM drives the project teams toward corrective action.
- Review and verify key project administration activities are executed, complete, and in compliance, including the following:
- EPC and subcontractor daily reporting
- Dust Control and SWPPP BMP’s, maintenance, and reporting
- Safety Program Execution, including incident reporting, JHA’s and logs
- Inspection sign-offs by authorities having jurisdiction
- Review third-party inspection reports and ensure items are per the executed contract and design specifications.
- Ensure the EPC, subcontractors, and vendors are following current QA/QC processes as approved by Owner and EPC, including checklist sign-offs, issue identification, remediation, and associated verifications.
- Effectively identify changes to design both administratively and in the field. Verify that proper change control processes are followed.
- Identify, address, and drive corrective action to any deficiencies above.
- Understand the project scope, and ensure the project is executed accordingly.
- Verify facility details constructed in the field comply with design/installation specifications, Owner’s performance criteria, and applicable building codes / best practices.
- Observe and verify Civil/Site work elements, including road construction, fencing, trench dimensions, foundation/driven pile requirements, compaction requirements, vegetation, and placement of underground utilities.
- Observe and verify Mechanical elements as it relates to renewable solar construction, such as racking assemblies on piles, torque tube installation, motor installations, module clamping, mechanical fastening and torqueing, welding details as applicable, and others as required.
- Observe and verify Electrical elements as it relates to renewable solar construction, such as conductor/wire sizing, trenching requirements and specs, string wire management (including UV and weather protections, methods of attaching to racking elements, etc.), electrical terminations and penetration sealing, grounding, basic low and medium voltage transformer checks, testing, commissioning, performance testing, and other electrical elements as required.
- Observe and verify PV Module related items such as deliveries, installation, product quality, product damage, etc.
- Observe and verify Substation construction elements, such as foundations, underground substation utilities, grounding, prefabricated building construction.
- Manage relationships representing the Owner as their onsite representative. Foster strong EPC team relationships to communicate with teams effectively.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Construction Management and at least 2 years of relevant work experience in Commercial, Industrial, or Electrical ConstructionOR at least 6 years of relevant work experience in Commercial, Industrial, or Energy Utility Construction
- Strong Electrical Construction experience including working NEC knowledge recommended. Renewable Energy, Utility-Scale Solar PV experience a plus.
- Ability to read construction plans, specifications, reports, and contract agreements.
- Good understanding of key Construction Management processes, such as RFI’s, Progress Tracking/Project Controls, Change Control processing, CPM scheduling, WBS and SOW breakdowns, and organizational hierarchies within a construction project.
- Professional time management and effective interpersonal skills
- Strong familiarity with different PV solar racking (SAT’s), inverter, module products recommended.
- Strong Civil/Site work Construction experience a plus
- Substation / Distribution experience a plus
- OSHA Certifications as required
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Daily use of computer required; strong PC operating knowledge
- Self-motivated with the ability to effectively manage competing deadlines or projects
- Committed team player with the ability to develop and maintain productive work relationships
- Flexibility conducive to a fast-paced, growing company environment
- Proficiency in reviewing of plans and specs and field verification of all components.
If you are interested in joining one of the top respected renewable energy companies in America, and becoming part of a team that is recognized for its integrity, professionalism, and expertise in the solar industry, please send a cover letter detailing your previous work experience and desired salary, along with a current resume to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Responsibilities and qualifications listed are not all inclusive.
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.